Re: MET/Hillside madness

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote in message <71o0cj$ic$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
:Mick Stock <mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au> writes:
:
:>How to lose customers in 10 minutes or less - MET style.
:>--------------------------------------------------------
:
:>Tonight the 8:05pm City to Belgrave train arrived at Flinders St with
:>about 3 minutes to load up. It consisted of 6 Comeng carriages, and there
:>were AT LEAST 400 people who boarded it.  Approx. 3 mins after it arrived,
:>everyone was unceremoneously kicked off it, with the explanation "train
has
:>to be divided....".
:
:>WHY WAS THIS SO??????
:
:This is something I have been critical of for a very long time. In my
opinion,
:_ALL_ trains between 6am and 10pm on the Lilydale/Belgrave lines should
:be 6 carriages - every day of the week. (Extend this to 11.30pm on Friday
and
:Saturday nights). Anything less is simply stupidity.
:
:On Sundays the policy seems to be three carriages for the entire day, yet
:the trains are always full. Does it really save _that_ much money by
running
:a 3 carriage train?
:
:I have seen some very ridiculous things done in the recent few months -
:for example, at 7.05 pm a Glen Waverley bound train arrives at Museum
Station.
:It's almost empty, yet the train is a 6-carriage Hitachi. 6 minutes later,
:the Lilydale/Belgrave train arrives - standing room only, and it's a 3
:carriage train. Why?
:
:So who do we write to, to get some sort of action taken on this, where
we'll
:actually be taken seriously?

If you want to be taken seriously in this state I suggest you start
organising grands prix right away.

--

Beware of the Spam-Dog