Re: Trial signage confirmed?

In article <363EF7FA.7889DAA3@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> > 8 stations to get trial signage are
> > Central, Town Hall, Circular Quay, Granville, Westmead, Lakemba, Casula and
> > Broadmeadow.
>
> Why on earth are they doing Granville when it has a perfectly good system in
use
> as it is?

That's what makes me think that perhaps it is only signage such as station
names, directions etc - not any "dynamic" or electronic signage such as SPI.
It is obviously aimed at being bi-lingual in some areas as well, with
CityRail apparently stating to the successful tender that the signage had to
aim for the "ethnic community" and the Olympics.

>  I can't see the signs at Casula lasting long unless they are near
the top of the light towers!

Casula will be a very good test for any manufacturer to meet vandalism and, in
some cases, theft standards.  The trial will last for 2 months, so hopefully
Casula's signs will last more than 2 hours (an hour longer than the first
Telstra payphone installed there?!?! :) )

--
Paul McCabe