Re: MET/Hillside madness

Joan McGalliard wrote:

> Michael Walker <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
>
> [joan]
> > >I rang the 1800 number about a week ago, with an problem I had had on
> > >the station that morning.  I was in a queue for a minute or two, and
> > >--
> > Purely for interest sake, did your problem occur around about 6pm and
> > involve wrong information given about a train to the city?
>
> No, it was about the fact that the "arriving in x minutes" information
> was not given out on pressing the green button.  I didn't mention the
> fact that the system was giving bad information at Museum a day before
> etc, but I suspect these problems and the one you describe are all
> related: "the system is down, but we are trying to restore it as soon as
> possible"
>
> joan
>
> --
> "Another carbon based lifeform?  It's beginning to look like that's
> all God can do." - Paul McDermott
>
> Joan McGalliard, remove *NO_SPAM* to reply, http://netspace.net.au/~jem/

Has it occurred to anyone that if you don't buy a ticket on the met and you
get caught that all you have to say is "the machine is out of order" and
you'll get away with it?

Sometimes they'll make you buy a ticket, but at least it saves you from
getting a $200 fine.  But most of the time telling the ticket inspector that
the machine is out of order is an honest statement because the met is so
crap that their machines are stuffed up and vandals pour hydrochloric acid
down the coin slot destroying internal parts of the machines.

--
Jeremy
Melbourne, Australia