Re: MET/Hillside madness

: Has it occurred to anyone that if you don't buy a ticket on the met and you
: get caught that all you have to say is "the machine is out of order" and
: you'll get away with it?

: Sometimes they'll make you buy a ticket, but at least it saves you from
: getting a $200 fine.  But most of the time telling the ticket inspector that
: the machine is out of order is an honest statement because the met is so
: crap that their machines are stuffed up and vandals pour hydrochloric acid
: down the coin slot destroying internal parts of the machines.

The machince at heartherdale have been broken (acid in the note and coin
sections of both machince on the Up platfrom and the one machince on the
down platform)

It has been like this for about 2 1/2 weeks now with a nice metal plate
conering the note section.  So like a good person I got a few daily tickets
and was going to validate them when I wanted to use them, but now the
validators have been attacked.

So I get on the train without validating my ticket, change trains at
Flinders street to the showgrounds train, have my exam, return on the
showgrounds train (not Metcard at showgrounds station) change trains at
Flinders Street and I am back to where I have started with only seeing
two ticket machince and two validators all stuffed.  So mu stock of
dailies is lasting a long time, and I can't do anything about it.

I could go up at Flinders Street and validate it, but if I missed the
showgrounds train what would I do?  (Maybe they should have scratchy
boxes on the metcards!)

Thats just another reason why I and many others don't like automatic
ticketing.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord