Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

David Johnson wrote in message <365101B2.ABFF3413@ozemail.com.au>...
<snip>
.  When working trains
>every day, locations do get muddled in the grey matter, so there is no
excuse
>for not checking the order at each loop.
>
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

I agree. We are all human and all have bad days occasionally. The trick is
to keep your mind on the job.

It is QR practice to place a "Check Train Order" sign at the entrance to
EVERY Train Order section. It is simply painted on the rear of the yard
limit board so the extra cost for the sign is nothing more than the cost of
paint and labour.

This system is by no means infallible but at least the driver has a constant
reminder to ensure he has the right to proceed. Why can't other systems
adopt this prcatice? (if they don't already). Furthermore, QR drivers are
required to initial the Train Order every time an instruction contained
therein is completed so he MUST read the Train Order at regular intervals.