Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

< Tell > wrote:

> A "physical" metal staff is better than a "physical"
> piece of paper for preventing trains running into an
> unauthorised section.!

With the staff, you know you have to stop at EVERY loop regardless.  With train
orders, you can run through at 115 km/h.  I would hope that the drivers read
their orders at EVERY crossing loop to ensure they are not going too far.  It
would be very foolhardy to think "The order goes to XXXXX so I'm OK to go
straight through YYYYY" without double checking the order.  When working trains
every day, locations do get muddled in the grey matter, so there is no excuse
for not checking the order at each loop.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard