Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

>I think you have missed the point Richard, I said TO's
>as an interim measure, to replace this Thomas the Tank
>Engine 1920's British branch line method on a prime
>route that is supposed to be competing with road.

When it is all boiled down we do not need another safeworking system.
22 is more than enough. There are many ways the Kyogle Railway could
be operated quicker and cheaper than at present. we need to be
reducing safeworking systems. On single lines some form of CTC either
with track circuits or with axle counter should handle the busy lines
and a form of computer aided train orders (ASW, track warrants, etc)
would work.

The main problem seems to be how do we get there from here??

Every railway that has CTC has different rules.Every railway that has
train orders has different rules. Before we get into changing systems
we need to change the rules so AN trainorders is the same as NSW train
orders which is the same as V/Line train orders which is the same as
Westrail train orders.

Of course all this would require state parochialisms to be set aside
so I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers

Krel

>Cheers