Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

"Richard Wardle" <ricdeb@netmedia.com.au> wrote:

>I can see that you were never an engineman ( I was for over 14 years). From
>my experience I personally would prefer the crew to have some electrical
>means of safety, I.e. C.T.C signalling or a physical staff then a piece of

Just like the signals that "prevented" those two
massive pileups in NSW recently.  One coal train and
one suburban set.!!

>paper issued to you hoping that everything goes according to the plan and
>that the train controller or enginemen don't make a fatal error.

A "physical" metal staff is better than a "physical"
piece of paper for preventing trains running into an
unauthorised section.!

There is only one method, CTC with ATC.  CTC across the
national network might happen in the next 100 years,
but we can forget automatic train control.

I think you have missed the point Richard, I said TO's
as an interim measure, to replace this Thomas the Tank
Engine 1920's British branch line method on a prime
route that is supposed to be competing with road.

Cheers

----Terry Burton