Re: What's the lastest on the EL class sales ?

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:

>I've been saying this since before GSR existed. AN was able to run the
>Ghan at 125km/h north of Tarcoola with an EL, and had to drop it down to
>115 for the CLP.

Well, I say again, when the Ghan arrived in Alice
Springs pre GSR days, it did not matter whether there
were double GM's, triple GM's, DL, CL, CLP or EL, the
arrival times were always variable.  It is a long way
from Adelaide to Alice Springs, and a lot of other
trains are running on that single track.

AN ran the Ghan to a time table and I _DO NOT_ remember
a foot note on the time table saying that arrival in
Alice Springs would be subject to the loco up front or
words to that effect.!

Cheers

----Terry Burton