Re: What's the lastest on the EL class sales ?

Maurie Daly (mauried@commslab.gov.au) wrote:
> Would make eminent sense .
> They are the best locos in the country for GSRs type of operation.

I've been saying this since before GSR existed. AN was able to run the
Ghan at 125km/h north of Tarcoola with an EL, and had to drop it down to
115 for the CLP.

> However , I thought that there were 13 for sale , this would be a few more
> than GSR would need , at least with the current pass trains they run.

But I think only 8 are currently operational. The current services would
need all of them.

Cheers
David