Re: Another NR bites the dust

krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) wrote:

>Not sure if this is the same but NR78 hit a truck full of sand at a
>level crossing at Keith, SA and was damaged. The windscreen came in
>and the cab interior was damaged and covered with sand. One driver got
>a fat lip and the other driver either escaped unharmed or broke a leg
>(depending on who tells the story). The front end pannelling and pilot
>are damaged along with some handrails. This loco arrived in Melbourne
>hauled on YN2 on 11/11 at 1800 approx. It was hauled to Spottswood the
>next day 12/11.

Errrr um, I was shot down in flames a couple of years
ago for asking why the NR class were cab over bull bar
instead of having a nose, .....considering they were
"committee" designed cabs with input by drivers and the
Union.!

See, we have a bit of problem in Australia with all our
level crossings, you will always get the "wally's" in
trucks that will try and beat the train.

Anyhow, hope the fella's on NR78 are OK.

Cheers

----Terry Burton