Re: Another NR bites the dust

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:23:10 +1100, "The Man" <rodo@alphalink.com.au>
wrote:

>I have been told by very reliable sorces that another NR has been involved
>in an accident. Yesterday 12/11/98 NR### ran into a wagon of some
>description (sorry Guys) and was severely damaged, and is now at Gonninons
>Spotswood.

Not sure if this is the same but NR78 hit a truck full of sand at a
level crossing at Keith, SA and was damaged. The windscreen came in
and the cab interior was damaged and covered with sand. One driver got
a fat lip and the other driver either escaped unharmed or broke a leg
(depending on who tells the story). The front end pannelling and pilot
are damaged along with some handrails. This loco arrived in Melbourne
hauled on YN2 on 11/11 at 1800 approx. It was hauled to Spottswood the
next day 12/11.

cheers

Krel

>That's all I know