Re: R711 (and other WCR stuff)

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS (steam4me@enternet.com.au) wrote:
>As for the sleepers, I thought someone somewhere had told me that WCR
>would like to get into the Mildura -Melbourne market on a regular
>timetabled or excursion basis.  Having sleepers for an overnight
>service seems a logical step (out overnight Friday, back overnight
>Sunday) following in the footsteps/tracks of the Vinelander.

WCR already has custory, although not ownership, of the SJs and the SZ.
One of the SJs had some berths stripped so a BRS could be converted to
the Vice Regal support car Mitta Mitta (replacing Goulburn). The Overland
sleeper stored at Newport Workshops had a poor frame due to water leakage.
The fittings from this car could be used to restore the SJ.

Cheers
David