Re: Eight Car XPT sets on Brisbane XPT

David Bromage wrote:
> The B in XBR also means first class. I suppose it would make sense to
> refurbish the XBs with the standard economy seating arrangement and recode
> them XF.

How does 'B' denote First Class?  And as I understand, 'F' denotes
economy class?

One (or few) things we did get right in Victoria are carriage
classifications.  A for first, B for economy, C for guards/connies van,
D for Van, then S for Steel or Spirit car, Z for Z type car, N for N
type car, M for Railmotor trailer, R for refreshments etc etc.  Can
someone please explain the NSW method to me, because it confuses hell
out of me!

Cheers,
CH.
--