Eight Car XPT sets on Brisbane XPT

Message 9119 from Rex appears to be correct (about all nine car XPT sets
being reduced to eight cars until 1st June).

When NT-2 Bris-Syd XPT passed Salisbury (Qld) this morning (Tue 12 May)
it consisted of power cars XP2006 and XP2008 and only six trailer cars.
It was one of the first class trailer cars that was missing.

>From my observations of NT-1 & NT-2 I can also confirm that XP2000 (the
power car with the Sydney Olympics paint scheme) has been out of action
for some time.  Usually it would come past Salisbury at least once a
week however it hasn't been seen for quite a number of weeks (maybe even
several months).  Does anyone know when XP2000 might be back in service?

Graham Duffin.