Re: New railway stations in Melbourne

Peter Mason <Peter_Mason@nabaus.com$SPAM_KILL$.au> wrote:
>I was waiting for my train at Flinders St Stn last night and while the
>Met folks played around trying to uncouple a 6 car set and run two 3 car
>sets, someone was setting the destination indicator to Alamein.

>Interestingly one of the names that came up on the destination roll was
>"Baxter" - last time I rode the Stony Point line (about 3 months ago)
>there was no power to Baxter.

>Is there a long term Met plan to run the wires to Baxter and beyond?

Not now... but I think in the past they put possible destinations on the rolls
on the off-chance that services would one day run there... then they would save
money if it ever happened.

I have an old book (Electric Railways of Victoria, circa 1979) that lists the
Tait, Harris and Hitachi rolls... some of the destinations included that might
be of interest are:

Tait:
GLEN HUNTLY
KEW
NORTH CARLTON
PORT MELB STATION PIER

Harris:
STONY POINT
CRIB POINT
WARBURTON
HEALESVILLE
WARB. & H'VILLE

Hitachi:
SUNBURY
DEER PARK WEST
MELTON
CRAIGIEBURN
SOUTH MORANG
EAST DONCASTER
COLDSTREAM
MULGRAVE
LEAWARRA
BAXTER
MORNINGTON
CRIB POINT
STONY POINT

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...