New railway stations in Melbourne

Hi all

Here's a good topic that I think might stir some discussion. As I went
home on the Belgrave line as usual tonight I pondered the distance
between Heathmont and Bayswater stations and thought that there might be
some merit in the idea of an extra station. The arguments for and
against are pretty self-evident but I thought it interesting to consider
where new stations might be put on the existing network. Here is my
list;

1. Heathmont South (To be called 'Berrett' after the intelligent
individual who suggested the station in the first place!)

2. North Mooroolbark (I think we have discussed this proposal before)

3. North Boronia (b/w Boronia & Bayswater)

4. South Boronia (b/w Boronia & Ferntree Gully)

5. MCG - b/w Richmond & Flinders Street

6. East Boronia (Sorry.. heheheh ... just kidding)

One of the reasons I raise this is that now we have Metfiasco... oops I
mean Metticket...there is no longer a need to have stations staffed.
This raises the real possibility of building new stations on existing
lines with just a ticket machine. They might only be stopped at by
trains at peak times.

What do poeple think? Any other ideas for new stations?

cheers Peter

2. South Alamein (due to a slight extension of the existing line)

3. Princes Park (NOT Optus Oval, due to slight extension from Royal Park
line under Sydney Road.