Re: New railway stations in Melbourne

peter berrett (pberrett@tbsa.com.au) wrote:
>2. North Mooroolbark (I think we have discussed this proposal before)

I lived in Mooroolbark for 12 years. It was known locally as "Electiondale".
The land on which the station was to be built was sold off by the previous
government. The last proposal before the land was sold gave two sensible
names for the new station, Cave Hill and Billanook.

There was also a proposal for a station between Croydon and Mooroolbark
at the Dorset Road bridge.

>What do poeple think? Any other ideas for new stations?

Taylor's Lakes - between St Albans and Sydenham.
Lyndbrook - Platforms at the up end of Lyndbrook Loop, serving Lynbrook estate.
There's provision for island platforms along the Werribee line.

>2. South Alamein (due to a slight extension of the existing line)

You mean rebuilding the old Outer Circle? There is probably some merit in
rebuilding through to the Glen Waverly line.

Cheers
David