Re: Three-letter codes

In article <01bd5577$47b5ae00$662d11cb@rodsmith>,
  "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:

> There is nothing to require that airlines and railways use the same
> three-letter codes, and there is much to prevent replication.
> Airline codes cover the whole world; RoA codes cover only Australia.

While this is true, the ultimate aim os to integrate the Railways CRS into
that of the major travel agencies (Galileo, Fantasia and Abacus - plus a few
others) - for this to work, they CANNOT use codes that conflict.

> *Obviously*?
> One of the problems with the RoA codes is their lack of logic.  I don't
> think that anybody except RoA would use LSY for Lismore.

The airlines do - the most logical one (LIS) is used for Lisbon.

Regards,

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com