Re: New railway stations in Melbourne

>Is there a long term Met plan to run the wires to Baxter and beyond?

On the indicators for Harris trains were a number of interesting
destinations including Healesville, Warburton (I assumed this showed that it
connected with these services much like the 19 trams do when they connect
with Upfield buses when the train finishes for the evening and on Sundays).
They also had Melton, Sunbury, East Doncaster and a few others. I assumed
this was for future planning. Having said that, as far as I know, no Harris
train ever ran to any of these places nor has there been any plan for
electrification to Healesville or Warburton.
        There have always been suggestions of electrification to many places
by both tram and train and most public-transport savvy Melburnians would be
aware of many of them but I think it is safe to assume that these are only
ever always and in most cases will probably only be election talk which as
soon as a government is voted in will never be heard again for 3 years. (eg
Airport railways, Knox City tram, South Morang railway with Mill Park
station, South Morang light rail from Bundoora, electrification to
Coolaroo/Craigieburn via Broadmeadows or Upfield, Sunbury electrification,
Melton/Bacchus Marsh electrification, Geelong electrification, Stony
Point/Baxter/Somerville electrification although given the transport
minister is member for Mornington, if voters take an interest, they may get
some electrification and/or rail service to Mornington; Cranbourne East
electrification/extension, minor extensions to tram lines to link to railway
stations such as East Malvern and Box Hill; Doncaster tram via North Balwyn
and light rail via Smith Street, Alexandra Parade and Freeway; extra line
between Burnley and Box Hill, extra line between Box Hill and Ringwood;
duplication of rail lines between Eltham and Greensborough, Upper Ferntree
Gully to Upwey, Croydon to Lilydale, Fawkner to Gowrie, Altona line between
Laverton and Newport; etc, etc,etc)