Re: 20 mins to get from Parliament to Flinders St (the short way!)

David McLoughlin wrote in message <3585F3EF.13D8@iprolink.co.nz>...
>Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>

>> I currently have exams at the Showgrounds and Catch a Train to Flinders
>> Street and change to a Broadmedows train, for newmarket and catch a tram
>> or walk.

Why don't you catch the train to Ascot Vale, its about 1/3 closer to the
showgrounds :)

>> I don't like going through the back streets of North Melbourne
>> on the tram.
>

>Why is this? Are they dangerous?

They take much much longer than if the tram goes through Flemington Road. It
is a bit stupid because on Monday, they had 2 No.57 trams (Z-Class) full
leaving Flinders Street (which I missed) and then a B-Class arrived which
went via Flemington Road to Showgrounds... This tram left about 3 minutes
later (had only about 15 people on it) and arrived about 10 minutes earlier.
They should have had someone tell the people on the 57 to wait for the tram,
as many people want to catch the 57 from around North Melbourne.

>I have never felt threatened on a tram anywhere in Melbourne, on the No
>57 (to which you refer) or elsewhere.
>
>I have, OTOH, not only felt threatened on the trains, I was once even
>subjected to an unprovoked assault on one. In daylight in a full carriage
>no less.

Which line was this on?

cheers
Johann