20 mins to get from Parliament to Flinders St (the short way!)

Hi All,

On the 12:12 Broadmeadows -> City Loop train today, we kind of got stuck
in the city loop. We had just left parliament and about half the train i
would say left the platform and we immediately stopped. The driver left
his cab and walked to the back of the train and came back about 5
minutes later. The train left again and got less than 50m up the line
and suddenly stopped again. This time the driver didn't leave his cabin,
but we got going again a few minutes later and the same thing happened
again. This happened quite a few times, and it took about 20 minutes to
get from Parliament to Flinders St. At least half of the occasions it
sounded (and felt) as if the emergency brake had been applied. Does
anyone know what went on here? Does this happen often? And what would
compell a driver to jump out of the cab and walk down the tunnel to the
back of the train and back? (<sarcasm>Excercise?</sarcasm>)

Michael.

--
Mr Michael Kurkowski.   Email: simcard@tig.com.au
    Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046