Re: 20 mins to get from Parliament to Flinders St (the short way!)

Ha!
There's been many mornings where I have gotten off the train at Parliament
to race downstairs to a Northern Loop train to beat the Clifton Hill Loop
train to Flinders Street.
Sometimes it worked well and I cut 5-10 minutes off my trip depending on how
long the CH Loop train was stuck on the viaduct.
Half the time though, you would be stuck in the Northern Loop for anywhere
between 5 and 25 minutes waiting a clear platform at Flinders Street. Got
pretty boring looking at dark concrete, at least you can watch the world
moving on the viaduct, even if you aren't. To be honest, I think it makes a
joke of the platform rationalisation at Flinders Street - unless something
is done to improve train through-flow, it just means the trains have less
platforms to go to and hence longer queues. As if they aren't long enough
now.