Re: 20 mins to get from Parliament to Flinders St (the short way!)

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> I currently have exams at the Showgrounds and Catch a Train to Flinders
> Street and change to a Broadmedows train, for newmarket and catch a tram
> or walk.  I don't like going through the back streets of North Melbourne
> on the tram.

Why is this? Are they dangerous?

I have never felt threatened on a tram anywhere in Melbourne, on the No
57 (to which you refer) or elsewhere.

I have, OTOH, not only felt threatened on the trains, I was once even
subjected to an unprovoked assault on one. In daylight in a full carriage
no less.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

While Parliament is in session, no working person's income, nor anyone's
rights and freedoms, are safe from plunder by their elected
representatives.