Re: Plastic Metcard Weekly Ticket

>Then way can't the system count?  If it could track a ticket, then
>surely it could count the number of people using the system.
>
>We have already seen that the system can't count, or is it, it can't
>count for fare distribution.

The reason the system cannot count is because:
a) People don't validate their tickets.
b) People don't buy their tickets.

The Auditor Generals report makes a point somewhere about subsidisation of
train lines taking into account fare evasion according to a formula.
Also, apparently somewhere between 10% and 30% are not currently validating
their ticket every time which is why the counts are way out. Not sure where
that figure came from, either a rail fan mag or AGV report.