Re: Plastic Metcard Weekly Ticket

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote in message
<6l0vcg$g4b$3@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
>So they know what ticket number you have.  But will the system know
>when you last validated your ticket and where without reading the
>info on the ticket?  I think not, as it can't even count.

If it gets validated then why can't it track you by your ticket number? Even
you mentioned in a previous post if you had a Metcard Xpress you would
validate as you wouldn't be worried about your ticket being swallowed by the
high quality validation equipment 8^).

For interest sake, if I recall correctly a trial was done early on where a
number of passengers had their tickets tracked so the system has already
shown it can do it.