Re: Anybody notice that there were no W-Class trams in Melbourne today!

Michael Walker wrote in message <899642428.112298@woody.hotkey.net.au>...

<Big Snip>

>After all, sailing ships and DC3s are quaint too - should we use these in
>preference of modern ocean liners and 747s?

There's a market for the sailing ships and DC3's, just as there's a market
for the W's.  Back in '82 I enjoyed a trip in a DC3 from Cairns to Normaton,
thence to Croydon by Gulflander, and back to Cairns by DC3.  Before that
flight, thought my chances of ever having a flight in that aircraft again
(previous flight was as a toddler - can't really remember that) were nil.
Thoroughly enjoyed the flight and the rail trip.  The railcar was a bit
hair-raising because of the amount of twisting it did.  The trailer was much
better.  There must be a "law" that states the speed of a train is inversely
proportional to roughness of the ride.

Michael McDonald