Re: Anybody notice that there were no W-Class trams in Melbourne today!

daproc@bigfoot.com wrote in message
>> Could this be the end of the line for these historically interesting but
>> surprisingly noisy and uncomfortable trams?
>
>Hooray! These vehicles are ok for tourist operations, such as the City
Circle
>and selected weekend working, but they have no place in a modern public
>transport system -

I agree, the W class should run short workings  on tourist routes through
the CBD. Long distance commuters deserve better! I like seeing the old cars
out on the track, but who wants to shiver their way to work in one  on a
cold and frosty morning?

It is okay however if they put them on someone else's tram route.

Cheers

John Wayman