Re: Anybody notice that there were no W-Class trams in Melbourne today!

M.B. and C.M.McDonald wrote in message <6nshjp$irn$1@wolfman.xtra.co.nz>...

>There's a market for the sailing ships and DC3's, just as there's a market
>for the W's.

Agreed - as tourist operations, NOT for RPT (Regular Public Transport)
usage!

>Back in '82 I enjoyed a trip in a DC3 from Cairns to Normaton,
>thence to Croydon by Gulflander, and back to Cairns by DC3.

Quite nice - I wouldn't mind doing it myself - but if I am travelling from
Sydney to Melboring on business, I want to get there as quickly and as
comfortably as possible - hence 737's, A320's or 767's.

Hope this helps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor
daproc@spamsux.bigfoot.com