Re: Start of ARTC.

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>Since Marulan now effectively doesnt exist as a station , ie no safeworking
>capability, (no refuge loops either for that matter.), and neither does
>tallong, the sections are now Goulburn - Medway - Wingello (can switch out
on
>weekends) - Bundanoon (can switch out on weekends) - Exeter (always in ) -
>Moss vale.The dismantling of the refuge loops in my mind seems a terrible
>thing , as effectively its the railway admitting its never going to see a
>significant  increase in traffic on this line .

Marulan had a proper refuge on the up which ran around the back of the up
platform but did not have a platform face. It was too short for anything
other than a passenger train. The down refuge at Marulan and both refuges at
Wingello were back in affairs which were toltally useless and too damn short
even for some of the trains in the seventies. Closing these refuges was a
good idea but not replacing them may not have been so sensible.

Barry Campbell