Re: Start of ARTC.

>Does Medway Jct always require a signaller now? This would be a terrible
>thing. When I worked there in 1974/75 one of the perks was to switch out
>when there were no quarry trains as you didn't have to report through trains
>to control on account of the fact that Tallong - Marulan was so short he
>didn't need an intermediate station.

>Barry Campbell

Since Marulan now effectively doesnt exist as a station , ie no safeworking
capability, (no refuge loops either for that matter.), and neither does
tallong, the sections are now Goulburn - Medway - Wingello (can switch out on
weekends) - Bundanoon (can switch out on weekends) - Exeter (always in ) -
Moss vale.The dismantling of the refuge loops in my mind seems a terrible
thing , as effectively its the railway admitting its never going to see a
significant  increase in traffic on this line .

cheers
MD