Re: Changes in Melbourne

Bill Bolton wrote:

> On 28 Jan 1998 13:25:17 GMT, "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Another solution would be to run six-car trains splitting at Ringwood.
>
> This doesn't address the crewing issues and you'd need to a reliable
> mechanism to make sure the outbound travellers got in the correct
> portion of the train for their destination... not so difficult for
> regular travellers but can be tricky for casual travellers.

Reminds me of the occasion many years ago when my father boarded a train
at Victoria Park (Vic) to travel to Rosanna.  He was retired, and no
longer a regular commuter.  He was at Northcote before he realised that
he was on the wrong train.  His excuse was that the train must have
divided at Clifton Hill, and the front half (which he was in) had gone
on the Epping line, and the back half had gone on the Hurstbridge line!
--
Mrs Judy Gordon
School of Biological & Chemical Sciences