Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

"Michael Kurkowski" <simcard@comcen.com.au> wrote:
>Another thing i would be interested to find out is, are the public
>transport workers being educated on the MetCard system yet? Last night i
>happened to be on a Night Link tram with a friend at aproximately 3am (A
>class, #279) and he had an unvalidated MetCard which he had purchased on
>the 4th of January from a station on the Ringwood line. What he does, is
>buys tickets in bulk when paid, and uses them appropriately. However, last
>night, he tried to use this one (which hadn't been validated yet) and the
>driver requested to see it. His validators were not working (what else is
>new?) and he tried to tell this person that the ticket had expired, simply
>because it had been issued on the 4th of January. After a lengthy argument,
>he called the depot or his supervisor and discussed the matter. He then
>finally decided that he was wrong and let us continue with the journey. I
>am surprised at how a passenger (two passengers in fact) had a far better
>knowledge of the MetCard system than a tram driver.

Just reading the leaflet in our letterbox today...

"During the phase in period, Metcards will also be accepted on transport that
does not yet have the system installed, as long as your Metcard has been
*validated* in a Metcard area."  (Their emphasis)

So strictly speaking, neither of you was right. It hadn't expired of course, but
if the Metcard was unvalidated, it wasn't valid on that "non-Metcard" tram.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...