Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

"Translib Pty. Ltd." <enquiry@translib.com.au> wrote:
>Here at Glenferrie, all barriers are now in operation.  As far as the
>smart MetCard is concerned, OneLink technicians has done numerous tests
>and barriers seem to behave themselves quite nicely.  Because the old
>paper Met tickets are still in use, staff at this station usually set
>one barrier gate (for each ramp) open at all times.  As people walking
>through this particular gate, the barrier gives a single "beep" sound
>(very similar to bellbirds).

That explains why at Camberwell (platform 1? The north-most?) two of
the three gates are closed, with one being left open. I haven't seen
anybody actually validate tickets to open the closed gates - everybody
seems to go through the open one.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...