Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

Daniel Bowen wrote:

[snip]

> That explains why at Camberwell (platform 1? The north-most?) two of
> the three gates are closed, with one being left open. I haven't seen
> anybody actually validate tickets to open the closed gates - everybody
> seems to go through the open one.

As far as people using the open barrier gates, yes, down here at
Glenferrie, we have noticed this, too.  Must be human nature, I
suppose!  Luckily, in recent days (probably due to restart of school
year?), we have a few customer service people manning barrier gates most
of the day.  Could not wait to see the scene when school kids start!
Perhaps my friends at Glenferrie will open more barrier gates than just
one, especially during peak hours.

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group