Re: Melbourne Night Tram service [was ATM's -- "touch" panels

Tom Zsolt wrote:

> Dave McL <davemcl@-DR*P-iprolink.co.nz> wrote in article
> <34bd68f2.0@news.iprolink.co.nz>...
> > Michael Kurkowski wrote:
> >

> > How many people use this all-night tram service, can anybody tell me? How
>
> > many were on your trip, Michael?
> >

> > Dave McLoughlin
> > Auckland New Zealand
> >
> This service has IMHO been poorly advertised. I live in an outer Melbourne
> Suburb and have heard almost nothing about this service.
>
> The route, times, fares, etc; almost nothing.  I plan on spending a night
> in the inner city next month and would like some info on this, where can I
> get it?
>
> Tom Zsolt

www.victrip.vic.gov.au has some info. I live in an outer Melbourne
suburb too and park my car at Macleod station where there was a poster
advertising this service under the headline 'Guaranteed PickUp Line'. I
remember thinking at the time how silly it was advertising this service
so far away from where it runs. Obviously, it would appear even out of
inner Melbourne there is demand for the service, as evidenced by your
post.