Re: Pass Locos

tezza wrote:

> No, I say most locos are useless - which they are. About the only good
> shunting locos are 45's 48's and 49's.

I wouldn't have thought you'd like the 49s...  they take 4 notches before they
start to move!

Incidentally, most of the QR 1720 class, which is the same as a 49 class, have a
switch for shunting which allows for fast loading/unloading of the main
generator.  In normal mode, taking one notch will pull about 50 Amps, whereas in
shunting mode, it will pull about 300 Amps.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard