Re: Pass Locos

David Johnson wrote:

> tezza wrote:
>
> > No, I say most locos are useless - which they are. About the only good
> > shunting locos are 45's 48's and 49's.
>
> I wouldn't have thought you'd like the 49s...  they take 4 notches before they
> start to move!
>
> Incidentally, most of the QR 1720 class, which is the same as a 49 class, have a
> switch for shunting which allows for fast loading/unloading of the main
> generator.  In normal mode, taking one notch will pull about 50 Amps, whereas in
> shunting mode, it will pull about 300 Amps.

Hey, thats what the Moores of Great Northern Fame did to their, T class
Fleet down South, the J's also have this feature, but I think it was
standard.
The Portland H class and both Wodonga BG and SG H's also have this
feature, although Vline have botched the job, as usual, and they dont
work nearly as well as Pauls T's.
                             Rod Young