Re: Would an NR be faster than an XPT???

>> Why not just contract with FreightCorp to stick an 81 on the front to
>> Lithgow? That would be a cheap way around the problem of 2 locos from
>> Sydney to Broken Hill!
>>

>Simple answer. It all cost money and Freightcorps charges for loco hire
>are outrageous. Then again would they want to supply the "enemy" with
>anything more than they have to. Whats wrong with NR using two of their
>81s. After all, they do have their
>own.                                                Bob

A possible fix to this problem that wouldnt cost NR a heap of money would be
to grab one of the Cs in storage at Junee and use it as the 2nd loco between
Sydney & Parkes.
As these locos are all in storage anyway and not making any dough for NR , you
could simply leave it at Parkes until the next IP came back later in the
week,add the C between Parkes & Sydney.
I beleive all the Cs are still in working order.

MD

Maurie Daly
Department of Communications Lab.
Canberra