Re: TALGO tilt trains

Passive tilt has NO activation or de-activation. That's exactly the benefit.
It uses centripetal force (which is often mislabelled "centrifugal") to
achieve the tilt. The issues are:

1. The whole unit needs a low centre of gravity, because the swing on the
pivot exacerbates the leaning out on curves on the primary suspension.

2. The car size is a little smaller than power tilt because the pivot is
higher, thus increasing the dynamic envelope needed outside the static
envelope.

3. The gangway between cars is restricted in size by the tilt - and this is
exacerbated on narrow gauges (1000mm and 3'6').

4.    It is ideally suited to low level platforms - and poses some design
challenges to operate to our high level ones.

PS I would really like some data on platform heights and access to vehicle
gauge (or loading gauge) diagrams for each metropolitan system in Aus/NZ.
Can anyone help.