Re: TALGO tilt trains

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> 1.How much are Talgo train carriages compare with conventional carriages?
> (say N class Intercity carriages)

More than building new N cars, but MUCH cheaper than buying DMUs with
active tilting. I think AMtrak and the State of Washington paid about
US$12 million for three sets.

> 2.Also isn't Talgo train belongs to "articulate" type? I know they are
> difficult to addtional/detach carriages.

No harder than with a TGV. You just need to take it to the workshops.

> 3. How about locomotives? Not many locomotives curenttly can run above 115kph
> unless you hires EL class then Talgo can run at impressive speed.

Amtrak are using conventional locomotives. You could use an N to haul a
Talgo in Victoria without any problems. It would still only be 115km/h,
but you could take the corners faster. The problem with an EL is it
doesn't have head end power, but then you could probably run a PH van as
well with no problems.

> 4. Is there a "Multi Units" version of Talgo?

No, but there are Fiat and Siemens EMUs with pendular passive tilting.

Cheers
David