Re: Overland cars for West Coast Rail

> They would be more use between Melbourne and Sydney on a sleeper service.
> 140km/h in NSW and 130km/h in Victoria and stopping only at Albury, Junee,
> Goulburn and Campbelltown means a bit under 12 hours. 20.45 departure and
> 7.30 arrival is perfect for an overnight sleeping car service.

Now since the locos and rolling stocks are available,if a company like
West Coast Railways wants to take the advantage open access and running
a passenger service on Sydney to Melbourne route.Would that be an easy
task? I know despite on open access policy it took Toll/Patrick/SCT a
long time to get approval for running freight trains(about a year in
most cases).

James