Re: New Yard at Camberwell Station

Michael Alexander wrote:

> Seems like this would be a good opportunity to put in a fourth platform at
> Camberwell.
>
> The right-of-way all the way back to Burnley has provision for 4 tracks, so
> I hope that they don't build over where the 4th Camberwell platform will be
> at some time in the future.
>
> I haven't been to look, but I assume that there is no indication of a 4th
> platform being put in?

I don't think the P.T.C. has any intention of putting in another
platform at Camberwell.  With the current usage volume, I don't think
Camberwell requires another platform.  About 4th track, well, this maybe
warrented after 3rd track is constructed between Box Hill and Ringwood
(unfortunately, I don't think this will be done in the near future).

I.C.