Re: [NSW] Wagga victim's mother's letter to SMH

"Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@NOSPAMbhp.com> wrote in message > >
> I think the problem at Bulli was that it was an elderly motorist who saw
the
> red light and then put her foot on the accelerator instead of the brake.
> --

But Chris-

The P&C had been warning for YEARS that a fatality was going to occur
there - that woman was not the only one who was running the red! And running
the red is one thing - but killing  a child who has actually rotten into a
traffic lane on the "walk" sign is a different matter.

It has been noticeable in Sydney for some years that, if you are using a
pedestrian crossing on the "WALK"  you HAVE to wait for traffic to stop in
all of the lanes on your side before you start across. Even many cars that
do stop end up stopped in the middle of the crossing (I sometimes feel like
opening the front door and crawling across the driver just to emphasise the
point)

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury World Travel