Re: Boom gates for level crossing tragedy spot

Maurie,

As a person who does regular trips to Junee, I would have to disagree about
there not being many crossings (and those that are having heaps of booms)
between Sydney and Junee.

Most X-ings with booms you will find are in Major towns ie:Goulburn,
Cootamundra and Junee, but aside from that there are bucket loads of pedestrian
X-ings, private X-ings etc these are protected by either lights only or warning
signs.

As far as what X-ing gets what protection I would say it would depend on if any
one was killed at it(not being facetious), if a member of parliament lives near
by(as seems the case with Nubba Gates), visibility(a number of new speed boards
have popped up near  X-ings - acccount visibilty) and lastly public opinion.

Regards BEE EFF