Re: Tempe - Incorrect Signage?

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
ZT6h6.335185$IP1.11223863@news1.giganews.com">news:ZT6h6.335185$IP1.11223863@news1.giganews.com...
> "f.u.i.t.b.e.t" <fuitbet@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a8265fe$0$16376$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a8265fe$0$16376$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>
> As for road knowledge, how about the two drivers (I doubt that they were
> ex-guards) who took SL-2, Melbourne - Sydney Express, to Central Platform
> 24 - why didn't their road knowledge make them stop in advance, once they
> received "one-and-a-half" a signal too early?

Green over yellow is an ambiguous aspect (G/Y=1.5?).  If it were to pulsate
for an advance junction indication and remain steady for the next signal at
caution the ambiguity would be removed.  This doesn't excuse what happened
with SL-2 but the signals purpose is give the driver sufficient information to
drive the train, not to exercise their mind in a game of second guesses.

....................and what was the official determination/explanation of
Concord West a few years ago?

Chris