Re: No date for W class trams return[V]

In article <3a853625.4987664@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family) wrote:
> The story I heard this week from an official at Malvern Depot was that
> no W-class would be running, now or in the future. The companies don't
> want them because they are too slow compared to modern trams and are
> responsible for fines due to late running. The depots would have to
> have the W-class trams on dedicated routes running to slower times
> with specially trained drivers

Agree with specially train drivers but as for slower running time, you
can't reach high speed on route 16, 8, 12 and City circle anyway with
any type of tram. After W class took off service Swanston trams still
gets fine for late running, W class should not to be blame.

> Until the arrival of new trams next year, there will be a shortage.
> Not even the Grand Prix will bring them back.

Would they order extra 53 new trams if they really want to get rid of
them?

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin