Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 01:10:40 GMT, James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>> A brand new locomotive (like a Q class ) is currently about $5 million
>> given the low $A dollar comapred to the $US.
>> The real question is whether for the expenditure an addional loco will
>> earn enough revenue to pay for itself.
>> I suspect that a rebuilt loco is still a much better deal.
>> Leasing other peoples locomotives is better again.
>>
>> MD
>
>The thing is X35 has nothing but a shell, and several bogies missing.
>Basically you need to buy EVERYTHING for this rebuilding to proceed. I
>was wondering would this rebuilding cost exceed purchase a brand new
>loco?
>
>--
>Cheers
>
>Railway Rasputin

Quite likely, in which case the best thing to do is to simply scrap
the shell.
At least you would get some value for the scrap metal.
A loco that has so many missing bits is essentially worthless.

MD