Re: Tempe - Incorrect Signage?

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the Sydney network, but it may be
signed that way for simplicity, showing the next station down the line,
whether or not all trains (or even none from that platform) stop at it or
not. Wouldn't people on other platforms (on trains or not) also be able to
see that sign?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au

"Optus" <ds_ready@usa.net> wrote in message
EbJe6.11317$KY1.32820@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:EbJe6.11317$KY1.32820@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au...
> Hi All,
>
> Right down the south end of platform 2 (Local Illawarra - Down/East Hills
> bound) at Tempe station there is the big station name sign with "Wolli
> Creek" as the "Next Station".
>
> Now, can anybody tell me if there is a crossover that would allow a train
> get from platform 2 to allow it to stop at Wolli Creek station? If not
then
> I would suggest that the "Next Station" should be signed as either
Arncliffe
> or Turrella?
>
> I rang the staff at Tempe station and they suggested it is marked as Wolli
> Creek, "because some late running rescheduled trains could use platform 2
> get to Wolli Creek".
[...]