Re: [NSW] Five (in a car) thought dead after train crash

In article <955c5g$40o$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, petercook2705@my-deja.com
says...
> Boom gates do not stop morons from driving across level crossings.
>
> There will always be Darwin Award contenders out there who will drive
> around boom gates.
>
> What's next?  Boom Gates at every set of traffic lights in Australia,
> just because drivers can't be trusted to obey red lights.
>
> As far as I am concerned, these people are disobeying traffic signals
> and they deserve whatever happens to them.  I'm just sorry they often
> kill their families in the process, and also for the poor people who
> have to pick their remains out of the ballast.
>

> MrPC
>
> In article <MPG.14e0cddc32461226989682@news.iprimus.com.au>,
>   Graeme <grimegrime@hotmailremove.com> wrote:
> > How long will it be before an XPT collides with a fuel tanker and a 6
> car
> > XPT is incinerated.All for the lack of a couple of boom gates.
>

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Using that logic we should never as an example have progressed from
propeller passenger aircraft to jet propulsion...In fact we should never
do any thing but drag our selves around on all fours.
Of course people will drive around boom gates,but at least they usually
have to stop before they do the act.You not being a moron, can you in all
honesty say that you  have never been distracted at a critical moment and
some how lost the plot ever so slightly.
My argument is that if you want to run passenger trains at 160 km h,then
you should make sure your signalling system and all your ancillary
equipment is at the highest standard,not some piss weak set up that was
introduced around 80 years ago when the road traffic was light and the
average car could do 60 km h flat out.